Skip to main content

What Levi had to say today

  I spent almost an hour on the phone with my incredible 8-year-old brother Levi today. Here’s what he had to say.


"I love pasta. I like it with tomatoes and cheese, and olives on the side."

Me: When the baby is born we will take pictures of you and it together.
Levi: Oh, those will be so cute!

"You and Arthur can come to my house and I will teach you how to make coffeecake. It takes flour and milk and eggs, and other ingredients. The hard part is putting it in the oven, and testing it to see if it is done or if it needs three more minutes."

Me: You are the cutest kid.
Levi: Yes I am.

Me: By the time it’s your birthday, in July, my tummy will be so big!
Levi: Oh yeah! Will the baby pop out at my party?

Me: Will you be a great uncle?
Levi: OF COURSE!

"If you want to visit me, don’t come on Friday. I will be gone on Friday. Also, I can’t do school on Friday because I will be gone. Sorry ‘bout that."

"When I visit you I will bring books for the baby. And I will bring tapes and CD’s- they aren’t for the baby, they are just for you and Arthur, so you can listen to music."

Me: Oh Levi, you crack me up.
Levi: Yes, I do crack you up. Yes indeed.

Me: Right now the baby is as big as an apple.
Levi: Oh! That is amazing! Hang on Sarah, I need to tell Mama that. MAMA! GUESS WHAT? THE BABY IS THE SIZE OF AN APPLE! ISN’T THAT AMAZING?

Me: You were so cute when you were a baby. Do you think my baby will be as cute as you were?
Levi: Um, probably not. But maybe.

Me: Isn’t it amazing that Arthur is your brother now?
Levi: Yes! It is great! Arthur is my brother, and Josiah and Luke, and also Tommy!

Levi: I was thinking I could make some rocks in a circle around the dirt, and plant a seed, and it would grow into a tree.
Me: That’s a good idea. I am going to grow some flowers on the deck of our apartment.Levi: That’s good, would you rather grow a tree though? Me: I can’t really grow a tree when we live in an apartment.Levi: It could be a tree that had branches and flowers…



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuff I Wasn't Planning on Writing Today

At some point in the past few months my phone started notifying me of my Bible app's verse of the day. It was super annoying, because I'm prideful and I don't like to be helped or reminded- I can remember to read the Bible ON MY OWN, thank you very much. And, I don't want to read what cutesy verses you picked out, app, I'll go find something really amazing to read ON MY OWN. Get it? Hear me? I'm fine, on my own. Like I said, I am prideful. I would be more ashamed to admit it, except that I really want to make this clear: I AM SUCH A SINNER. I thought I'd been saying this, but maybe it hasn't been clear. My sin is like, all over the place. I sin every day. It's usually based in pride or selfishness. -BUT-   My sin is not the end of the story. God was merciful towards me, showed me my sin, and saved me. He has caused change in my heart and my life that I never could have accomplished on my own- and I know that with certainty, because I DID try on...

Modern Racism, part one: LEARN + LISTEN

  On June 1st I quit my (brief) break from social media specifically to talk about racism. I was hardly unique in wanting to speak up against this; your feeds were probably flooded with similar content...as well as people dismissing those concerns or even blatantly mocking those of us who voiced them.   My primary reason for getting online to say anything at all was this: God's Word has something to say about modern racism, and Christians should care what that is. No, nowhere in the Bible does it directly say, "Here's what to do in light of racial protests in 2020"- of course not. However, the overall teachings of God's Word do not fall short of helping us rightly navigate any part of our lives; it is SUFFICIENT FOR LIFE AND GODLINESS; and this includes instructing our foundational views of God, ourselves, others, and how we interact with oppression. Such as racism and police brutality. And (in case these happen to be your main concerns instead) rioting and lootin...
I love you so much, and I am completely devoted to you, and I know that you’re the man God had for me to marry- BUT, even if none of that was true, there are still hundreds of good reasons for me to marry you. And this fudge is two of them. My eternal thankfulness when Arthur made me fudge