Skip to main content

Realizations found in my Closet

1.  A certain percentage of my wardrobe is simply on-hand in case I should ever need to clothe myself and several friends in 80’s attire.
  This, I must confess, I am rather proud of.

2.  I own far more knee socks than a 21-year-old woman needs.
  How many knees do I think I have?
  How many Pippi Longstockings Events was I planning on attending?
  No one needs this many striped knee-highs.


3.  I have five pairs of black tights.
  They are all different.
  They all serve different purposes in an outfit.
  Therefore, they are all justifiable.


4.  …Then again, I can justify my way into keeping anything, which is why I have jeans that won’t button anymore, socks with more holes than actual fabric, and a skirt that my grandmother gave me when I was 12.

5. There will never be a time when I need to have 30 t-shirts at one time, for anything, ever.
  It is just too many.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stuff I Wasn't Planning on Writing Today

At some point in the past few months my phone started notifying me of my Bible app's verse of the day. It was super annoying, because I'm prideful and I don't like to be helped or reminded- I can remember to read the Bible ON MY OWN, thank you very much. And, I don't want to read what cutesy verses you picked out, app, I'll go find something really amazing to read ON MY OWN. Get it? Hear me? I'm fine, on my own. Like I said, I am prideful. I would be more ashamed to admit it, except that I really want to make this clear: I AM SUCH A SINNER. I thought I'd been saying this, but maybe it hasn't been clear. My sin is like, all over the place. I sin every day. It's usually based in pride or selfishness. -BUT-   My sin is not the end of the story. God was merciful towards me, showed me my sin, and saved me. He has caused change in my heart and my life that I never could have accomplished on my own- and I know that with certainty, because I DID try on...

Modern Racism, part one: LEARN + LISTEN

  On June 1st I quit my (brief) break from social media specifically to talk about racism. I was hardly unique in wanting to speak up against this; your feeds were probably flooded with similar content...as well as people dismissing those concerns or even blatantly mocking those of us who voiced them.   My primary reason for getting online to say anything at all was this: God's Word has something to say about modern racism, and Christians should care what that is. No, nowhere in the Bible does it directly say, "Here's what to do in light of racial protests in 2020"- of course not. However, the overall teachings of God's Word do not fall short of helping us rightly navigate any part of our lives; it is SUFFICIENT FOR LIFE AND GODLINESS; and this includes instructing our foundational views of God, ourselves, others, and how we interact with oppression. Such as racism and police brutality. And (in case these happen to be your main concerns instead) rioting and lootin...
I love you so much, and I am completely devoted to you, and I know that you’re the man God had for me to marry- BUT, even if none of that was true, there are still hundreds of good reasons for me to marry you. And this fudge is two of them. My eternal thankfulness when Arthur made me fudge